Friday, March 30, 2012

Let's Be Honest HFriday

The 'H' is silent.  :)

Okay, I was inspired by The Lunchbox Diaries posts called Truthful Thursdays where she keeps it real.  This probably won't happen every Friday, but I haven't written in a while and this would be an easy post to write!! :)


Let's Be Honest...

I am a procrastinator.  I wait until the last minute for EVERYTHING.  --to wake up, to get ready, to pack my bags for a weekend getaway, to go to the grocery store, to buy birthday presents, to do school projects/write papers.  I am late every day.  It sucks.  And it's not really an edifying characteristic about myself but it has been this way since the beginning of time! haha  BUT! To my credit, I work better under pressure.  Those college papers seemed to flow better when I wrote them the night before they were due.  If I tried to piecemeal it over a week, I would read the finished copy and think it to be so choppy.  Hey, I made the Dean's List in college so that's saying something, right?  RIGHT?!

I wish I could Citizen's Arrest everyone I see commit traffic violations.  It is one of my biggest pet peeves!  Of course, speeding is omitted.  But I hate when people don't use turn signals, get in their turn lane, or switch lanes while driving through a light.  I am so weird like that.  Guess what?  I even turn on my signal to turn into my driveway.  And I live in a neighborhood.

I have come to the realization that I am an introvert.  But I think people have the wrong idea about what introvert/extrovert means.  Don't get me wrong.  I LOVE to be around people, can carry on a conversation and even be entertaining at times!  BUT situations like that actually drain me.  I get 're-energized' so to speak when I have my alone time.  I need to be alone for a while to cope and process the day of screaming children.  I am a home body...I love our nights in when it's just our little family.  That gives me more fulfillment than going to a party ever could.

I am a terrible snacker.  I am usually ravenous when I get home from work and instead of choosing a healthy option like an apple or grapefruit, I go straight for a bag of chips and some peanut M&M's. I'm not talking about a few of each to tie me over.  I eat until I am stuffed.  So so so bad.  I know that can't continue when Brody weans, but gosh it sure is nice indulging for the time being.

It is very hard for me not to like you.  Even if someone has talked trash and said how this person totally did them wrong, I still like to form my own opinions and will usually be cordial to that person.

I have a problem with jealousy.  I think that is my number one sin.  Especially toward all those stay-at-home moms.  No malice toward them AT ALL, just complete envy.  I am green with it.  I think about it all the time, wondering how they were able to be so blessed and me...not so much.

Well, I think I have spilled my guts enough for one post.  My future posts will probably be more current like, 'I just washed 7 loads of laundry.'  You know, because I waited until the last minute to realize I have no clean work pants.

Toodleloo!  Baby posts coming soon!  Brody's 6 and 7 month updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment