Sunday, February 3, 2013

Fit February

Hey there my blogging amigos!  I have deemed this month.........

Fit February

I have GOT to get in control of this beast!  And by this beast, I mean my body.  I have posted in the past about my time with Weight Watchers and weight loss, but I fell off that wagon after a couple months and during a very busy time (1st birthday season).  
It was when I stepped on the scale and my weight went into the next decade, I knew I had to stop it before it got worse.  
It really started mid-January when I started to run on the treadmill again, got motivated by some fun weight loss blogs, and was graciously given a Y membership.  
So, I am hoping to be more present this month with weight loss updates, foods I am eating, inspiring quotes, cool apps, and great workouts.  I took measurements of different parts of my body and hope to see a decrease in numbers.  (Don't worry--you'll still see cute pictures of my baby boy.  He'll be 18 months on the 10th!)  

I will start you off with an app that I am sure you have heard of, but might now how just how great it is.

My Fitness Pal

source

It is a free app for you to download that will keep a daily food and exercise calorie count.  When you sign up, you enter your current weight and activity information and then input your goal weight.  It will give you a 'budget' of calories for the day and then as you eat and exercise, you track it on your app.  It has SO many different restaurants and products already in the system that you can search for, AND there is even a barcode scanner.  I have had even the most random off brand products display full nutritional info.  When you exercise, it will 'credit' calories back to you and at the end of the day, will tell you 'If you continue to eat like this, you will weigh ___ in 5 weeks.'  That will definitely keep you motivated!  It is available on a bunch of different devices and you can even connect with friends for encouragement and accountability.  My user name is farfignoogan.  I was tired of typing in usernames that were already taken. :)   Here is a super quick review of the app from Redbook magazine online.

I just noticed that they have an online program that does the same thing.  Check it out.

Sign up and get fit with me!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment