Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Brody's 8-9-10 Month Update

****Pictures later!  Just had to finally post!!

Oy Vey y'all!!!

Is it bad that I feel like a failure for not doing an 8 month update?  Or a 9 month?  Or a Christmas one to boot?!  Time just got away from me and I kept putting it off.  I took his 8 and 9 month pictures though (3 days late)!  Since this an update over 3 months time, there is a lot to say.  You know, because babies are amazing and grow so fast.
**9 month stats:  Length- 30" (95%ile)  Weight- 18 lbs. 4 oz. (25%ile)

I have to say that the 8th month was a little rough.  Remember his 7 month update when I said he started waking up at night, but was soothed by a pacifier and would go back to sleep?  Not anymore.  It was the first time I had to nurse him to go back to sleep.  Several times.  There were a few nights where it would be every 3 hours.  Ridiculous.  I think he may have been going through a growth spurt, because he's definitely NOT teething.  Why?

Because at 10 months, you:
-HAVE NO TEETH! NONE!  I am wondering if there are any in there!!  Yeah, you drool, you put everything in your mouth, you bite down and jerk back and forth when I put my finger in your mouth, but nope.  Check back next month.  I think you are just a baby who likes to do things in your own time.  It took you ten days extra to come out and you don't care when you reach your milestones!

-are sleeping much better now.  Like I mentioned before, it got a little awful there for a while and I thought I was going to die.  Then, you started sleeping through the night but waking up at 6:30!  You would be so tired but not go back to sleep.  Finally, you have gone back to your normal schedule and have been sleeping until 8/8:30.  Phew!!

-have gone from army crawling, to this army crawling/regular crawling weird combo. thingee where you'd look like a zombie, to now full on crawling.  Lemme tell you son-you. are. busy.  ALL THE TIME!  You just travel all around the house whether you are following me from room to room or decide to head to your bedroom for your basket of toys.  It is so cute but sometimes you scare the begeezus out of me when I turn around and you're not there anymore.  Where are you?  OH!  Splashing water in the toilet and taking stuff from the trash can and putting it in there because you....

-can pull yourself up now!  You used to just go to your knees.  Now, you pull up on everything-the pack n play, the crib, the coffee table, my leg....it's pretty cool BUT you haven't learned how to get down gracefully yet.

-love to open and close doors (not all the way).  You push it until it's almost closed then crawl over and open the door again, crawl over and push it closed then crawl and open it----getthepicture?  You also LOVE to open cabinet doors.  AHHHH!  I mostly don't mind but the one you love the most is under the sink where all the cleaning stuff is!  Knob locks please!!!  You also like to open the one with all my kitchen towels so I don't mind if you play there. :)

-reach your arms up to be held---whether we unstrap you from the car seat, you are in your crib or sitting on the floor.  You have been doing that for a while now--a couple months.

-have recently started clapping.  IT IS SOOOO CUTE!  (Sometimes) You clap when you look at the fan, when you tasted something good, when you like playing with your toys, when we laugh, when you laugh, when we clap....it is so cute to see those soft little hands come together and not even make a sound... :)

-give me kisses!!  I LOVE IT!  Sometimes you do it when I ask and sometimes you just do it out of the blue and it makes my heart melt.  I'll be holding you and in the middle of a sentence while talking to someone and you dive right in.  One time, you had your pacifier and I was saying good night and you popped that sucker out and gave me a big open mouthed kiss.  Sweet guy.

-are tending to favor me more lately.  This usually just happens when you're tired, but if I am around when you are fussy and someone else is holding you, you won't stop until I come get you.  Or if someone takes you from me.  Or I walk into a room where you were previously content as can be, you look at me and and start crying...at least I know that I comfort you.

-are eating us out of house and home.  For being such a little guy, you are a huge eater.  I mean 8-10 ounces of food.  You could eat a whole banana, a slice of canteloupe, a slice of cheese, some ground beef, a couple ounces of rice/veggie mixture that I made, etc. all after an appetizer of about 20 puffs.  Sheesh!  You eat a lot more 'adult' foods now.  I don't puree a lot of stuff and try to give you a sippy cup when I remember!!  You have eaten a variety of fruits-banana, canteloupe, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, peaches, pears, mango, apple....and veggies/grain/protein/dairy-zucchini, summer squash, butternut squash, peas, green beans, broccoli, spinach, potato, sweet potato, carrot, lentils, ground turkey, deli turkey, ground beef, egg, brown rice, bread, oatmeal, tomatoes (spaghetti sauce), cheese, yogurt....you love it all.  Every single bit of it.

-can still fit in your 9 month clothing but mostly wear 12 month.  You wear a size 3 disposable and are on the second setting on your One Size BGs.

-are told at least once a week that 'you have such great coloring' or 'your eyes are such a beautiful shade of blue' or 'you are such a happy baby!'  no joke.  once a week.  at least.

-really are a happy guy.  Your personality is starting to shine through and it is so much fun to watch you study things to learn how they work, mimic behavior, push buttons and watch what happens.  You laugh and try to do things that make us laugh, continuing that behavior over and over if you are successful--playing peek a boo, clapping, laughing, shaking your head back and forth, sticking out your tongue....

I can't believe that you are almost ONE!  Birthday planning is in the works!  This year has gone by so quickly.  You make life sooooo fun baby!  I am so thankful for the gift of being your mother!
i love you i love you i love you
<3,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment