This is a mommy blog (for the most part) and we mommies need to keep it real. With that said, this month was a little rough. There were several nights where dude man decided that sleeping was not a priority, especially one night when he took me back to his newborn days and woke up every 2-3 hours or would wake at 1 am and not go back to sleep soundly until 4 am (poor Brian). I think this was due to him catching a cold (directly proceeding our wonderful day at the park :( ), starting solids and having trouble, um, pushing his food through the 'chute,' and I thought he was teething but there is no solid evidence since a daggern chiclet can't be found! Of course all of this has been made up for with his laughter and coos and smiles and just being the cutest little boy I've ever seen. Now that that's out of the way....let's get down to business...,
At 7 months, you:
- are still a rolling machine.
- can sit up on your own for quite a long time. It just clicked one day and you went from wobbly to straight as an arrow.
- try so hard to sit up from a lying down position. When you are in just a diaper, I see your stomach muscles flex so hard trying to push yourself up.
- extend your arms all the way when you're on your belly and try to tuck your knees under but you just aren't there yet.
- make a lot of sweet noises. baba, mama, and high pitched squeals.
- are eating a lot more solids, about 2 ounces twice a day. You have tried avocado, butternut squash, banana and sweet potatoes. You seem to like it all and are a really good eater. Except peas. You hate peas.
-gave mommy and daddy your first kisses!! What a special moment. I had been trying to teach you to give kisses and when I asked, you opened your mouth wide and leaned in for a big one. You mostly do this when there is absolutely nothing else going on.
- seem to cuddle more. You nestle your head on my shoulder and it makes my heart melt.
- can get around pretty well in your walker (when on a smooth surface).
- are starting to get a thick patch of hair right on the top of your head. I wonder if this is where it will start to fall out first, many years down the road.
- love a rousing game of peek-a-boo.
- have a cranky period between 5 and 7. I think you are tired, but you fight that nap so hard and most times you win.
Here are some pictures from your 7th month:***to be added later