Monday, October 29, 2012

Show and Tell: How I Met Your Father



Hey y'all!  Linking up again with Becky with another Show and Tell!  This week's questions are all about how I met Brian (Brody's dad).  I figured since I hadn't really talked about this on the blog yet, now would be the perfect time!!!  This might be a long one, so go grab a snack...
On to the questions!

1.  Tell us about how and when you met your love and what attracted you most to him.
Well, I met Brian when I was a freshman in English class with Mrs. Tweedy.  I was already in a very serious relationship and wasn't looking for anyone else.  I only remember Brian as the kid would sleep all the time in class! haha!  We went to a Christian university, so one day during convocation (pretty much a church service-every MWF at 10 am), I noticed that Brian went up to the front to pray when the pastor asked if anyone had any concerns or troubles in their life.  This totally shocked me to see him down there, so the next day in class, I gave him my number and said that if he ever needed to talk to anyone, I was available.  (this was completely innocent--I honestly had no interest in a relationship)  So, a couple nights later he called just to talk (which I later found out with the intention of asking me out), found out I had a boyfriend and said good night.  That's all I remember.  
Cue 1 1/2 years later.  I had broken up with serious boyfriend, dated someone else and also ended that, now single and tired of looking for a boyfriend-spring of sophomore year.  A guy friend asked if I wanted to go get something to eat via Instant Messenger (remember THAT?!?!).  He also said that he was bringing a friend.  (See where I am going here?)  He comes to pick me up and then to get his friend.  In climbs Brian in the back seat with me. He looks familiar  My friend introduced us and I said, "I know you...we had English together last year."  Brian said, "No we didn't.  This is my first semester."  This went on for 10 minutes until Brian called me gullible and finally said I was right.  We ate, I laughed because Brian was going to prom with a girl he met at the tanning salon and said bye.  A couple weeks later, my roomie and I went to the college cafeteria in our sweats, with the complete intentions of going back to our dorm and doing homework--no matter what.  Guess who 'whistles' at us as we are going into the cafeteria.  Yep.  He calls us over to sit with him and his friends and I spend the rest of my night laughing harder than I have ever laughed.  We went to the gas station for some snacks, the tanning bed (yes, so he could tan), and then went and played pool where he almost knocked my tooth out.  Real smooth.  Don't forget I was looking hot in our sweats.  We exchanged AIM names and phone numbers.  He told me to give him a call when I got back to our dorm.  I did.  He gave me The Rejection Hotline prank number!  I didn't know what to think--is he joking?  Did he really not like me?  What a jerk!  Then he popped up on AIM, said he was just kidding and that it was in fact a joke.  Real smooth.  We ended up AIMing for hours.  We planned to meet up again the next day and play soccer.  From then on, it was as if we had known each other forever.  We talked on AIM every. single. night. for. hours.  How in the world could someone stay up until 3 every night and go to 8 AM classes?  When you're in love. Ha!  No joke, within a week, we were talking about we knew we would spend the rest of our lives with each other.  (Oh!  And he still went to prom with that girl because he didn't want to dessert her.  But she did get extremely angry when she tried to kiss him and he rejected her.  SO much so that he pulled over and she got out of the car and walked home--they were in her neighborhood...)

2.  Show us the very first (or one of the first) pictures you guys ever took together.


On campus within a week of our cafeteria rendez-vous, sitting on a blanket, talking about forever.


3.  Tell us some of your favorite memories that you two had together.
Oh man!  Going to VA Beach to see OAR and Gavin DeGraw (me getting in a car accident before we leave and his truck breaking down while we're there), the many weekend NC trips we took to go to the lake and Spring Break in Florida (where he proposed on the beach).  I also ended up going to TN for the fall semester after we met to participate in a singing show in Gatlinburg.  He would surprise me all the time and probably saw the show I was in 15 times.  I would open the door to my room and see a trail of Cheerwine and flowers and he would be waiting around the corner.  He would write me tear-stained letters and send it with huge goodie boxes of candy, Mad Libs, and pictures.  Seriously, I will treasure those letters forever.  That was one of the hardest times because we were away from each other, but it really showed me that he was in this for the long haul.  

A quick pic during intermission at the show.


4.  Tell us your favorite qualities about this man, what makes him "the one."
Hilarious.  Life of the party-he is a bigger social butterfly than I am.  Honest--completely.  Loyal no matter what.  I have absolutely no doubts that he will be faithful all the days of our lives.  Not afraid to show affection and show the world that he is proud of me.  The best dad- always present and willing to help.  Gives Brody just as many kisses as I do.

5.  Tell us what your "date nights" typically look like.
Lately, we have been hanging with friends and laughing until we cry.  But most of the time, and this was even true in college, we would go out to eat and go see a movie.  It has always been so relaxing to just sit next to him and hold hands, uninterrupted.  We would go to the park a lot in college, sit on a blanket and eat take out Japanese food, and talk until we fell asleep (you know--because of those late night AIM sessions).  We like to do active things now, too, but it usually involves chugging the baby along.  

Our last date night?  Was a Halloween party.  And this is how we like to have fun.

You better redneckognize!!


2 comments:

  1. Aww such a cute post! Just goes to show that when you know, you know!

    ReplyDelete