Friday, July 27, 2012

28.....er....14 in 28



I am linking up with Living in Yellow to post 28 things that I want to do in my 28th year.  Seeing as it is almost halfway over, I have a lot to do in a little time!  These are goals that I hope to accomplish and I have no idea how I am going to come up with 28.  I struggle making up ONE goal!  Here it goes:

1.  Lose 28 pounds.  More like 32, but 28 went along with the theme.  This way I will be one hot babe by the time my 29th comes around.  And it will just start to be warming up here in the ol' NC, so 2 words: shorts season.                  Are you

2.  Participate in more 5ks.  Or how 'bout just  run in general.  I used to run.  A lot.  And I know it helps me lose that jiggle when I wiggle.                     noticing

3.  Eat better.  If you have read past posts then you know that I recently joined Weight Watchers online.  I did this as a starting point to motivate me to stop eating so much.  (Truth:  I always went back for seconds and the portions were the same size as the first.  And then I would have dessert.)  I would eat until I could explode and had to unbutton and unzip my pants just to be comfortable.  The only person this benefitted was my husband. HAHA!                       a trend?

4.  Play with my son more.  Get him involved in activities around town.  Play outside more (even though it's 110 degrees).  Baby pool anyone?

5.  Look presentable every once in a while.  I take a shower everyday, but sometimes that 's as far as I go.  I don't even brush my hair.  And I throw on some shorts and a T-shirt from my 'crap' pile and call it a day.  Obviously, this will change when I go back to work but even on the days I don't I'll try.

6.  Become more familiar with my sewing machine.  I have been pretty crafty lately since Brody's first birthday is coming up.  I have been making his decorations and sewing some cute little outfits for him to wear.  And guess what?  I love it.  I just wish I were better at sewing straight lines. :)  So the more I practice, the better I'll be, right?

7.  See, I am already starting to have trouble coming up more and I am only on 7!  Oh!  How about:  BLOG MORE!  I LOVE reading other people's blogs.  It's like reality TV, but....for real.  People are so interesting and I enjoy reading about other moms and their kids and even sassy single ladies too.  So, maybe if I blogged more, you'd enjoy it more too!

8.  TAKE MORE PICTURES!  not just with my iPhone either.  But real, legitimate pictures that are quality.  My baby is growing up too fast and is too cute to just break out the phone every once in a while.

9.  Do the husband more.  Need I elaborate?

10.  Get more involved with my church and read my Bible more.  I go to church just about every Sunday, but I need to be a more active participate.

11.  Stop procrastinating.  This may be hard.  It's pretty much in my DNA.  I wait until the last minute for everything.  To make something.  To call someone.  To get somewhere.

12.  Write more thank you cards.  I am one of the worst thank you card writers ever.  Even worse-when I do write the cards, they sit on my coffee table for month(s) until I send them out.  Or I throw them away because it would just be too weird.  I am a horrible person.

13.  While I plan on blogging more, I also need to disconnect more.  I am addicted to social media.  I think this will help with #4 and #9.

14.  Start putting away money into a separate savings account for Brody.  Ya know.  Cause college ain't free.

15.  Really......I can't think of anything else.  14 in 28.  That makes sense, right? :)

HOW ABOUT A PICTURE OF THE WORLD'S CUTEST BABY TO MAKE UP FOR IT??

4 comments:

  1. cute blog, new follower!! :) And I always vow to take more pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay Arielle! I can't believe it! You are my first official follower (my husband doesn't count) after blogging for 9 months! Thank you so much! You should win a prize! haha! Pictures, definitely. I keep thinking--I love seeing pictures of my mom when she was young and spry, maybe my kids will too! :) On my way to check out your blog!

      Delete
  2. You do have the cutest baby ever! Oh my lanta! I put read the Bible more on my list too...I'm super bad at that :( good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am his mom so I am little biased, but.... He has sunscreen all over him in the pic above. ...... Bible reading should really be at the top of the list, huh? Gotta constantly work at it, but that's what grace is about! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete