Monday, July 16, 2012

This One's for the Boys...

After almost 6 years of marriage and 1 baby later, I can honestly say that marrying Brian was one of the best decisions I have ever made.  He's hilarious and affectionate and helps out in every way.  I was thinking of how I could help the guys out there put a little 'spark' back into their relationship or keep the fire burnin' so these are just a few things that randomly popped into my head that I knew I would appreciate and feel the love.   Girls, feel free to add your input.... okay......

8 Ways to Show Your Wife You Love Her
(I know 8 is a random number, but it was late when I made this list so bear with me, ok?!!)

1.  Surprise her with flowers.  On a Wednesday.  No special occasion, you just knew she would like them.  (If your wife isn't into flowers, then bring home something small that you knows she likes...)  I, myself, am a flower girl....
found here***


2.  Make dinner AND do the dishes.  Give her a break every once in a while.

found here***



3.  DATE NIGHT!!  Set it all up.  Choose the restaurant, buy the movie tickets ahead of time, arrange the sitter.***    
***CRUCIAL!
found here***


4.  Hold her hand.  When you're walking.  When you're driving.  When you're sitting on the couch.  Show her that you are happy just being next to her.

found here


5.  Leave random love notes.  Under a pillow.  In the driver's seat.  Written on the mirror.  Things like this give girls butterflies in their stomach.  We like butterflies.



***Here is a site about taking a 52 Love Notes Challenge.  This guy has a lot of good ideas. :)
***Also, there are LOTS of sites to help with this.  Just google 'love notes for wife'...


6.  Compliment her in front of other people.  The "You're beautiful"'s are sweet at home, but there's something about it being said in front of others that makes us believe it's true. 

found here




7.  Draw her up a bath and say, "I'll put the kids to bed tonight."  DING DING DING!  (that's the love alarm going off)

found here
***A good article on the importance of dad putting kids to bed.


8.  Pray together.  It's one of the most intimate things you can do.  Initiate conversations about God.  Go deeper than the 'how was your day?'

found here***




Well, there you have it.  Maybe just choose one and see how it goes.  You may just get lucky yourself. Bow chicka wow wow............


***Denotes link that will take you to blog/article about the importance of doing specific task or other helpful information...

No comments:

Post a Comment