Saturday, December 31, 2011

Breastfeeding is Awesome!

Seriously!  I think it's God's gift back to us mom's after going through painful labor.  A: Bonding with my baby and providing his most basic need and B: BURNING 500 CALORIES A DAY DOING NOTHING!  Can I get an AMEN?!  I am writing this because I stepped on the scale today for the first time in over a month to see what my weight was and calculate how much I need to lose to feel normal again and I had lost 10 whole pounds.  Who loses 10 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas?  The mother of all feasting!  Can you tell I am ecstatic?  I have been eating craptastically and still lost weight!  Hallelujah!  I am now 6 pounds away from my pre-baby weight BUT I gained weight before getting pregnant due to summer school and stopping any form of exercising cold turkey and shoveling peanut M&Ms into my gullet.  So maybe (hopefully) this weight will come off faster than expected!  Here's the scoop:  I gained A LOT of weight whilst preggers--let's just say I was closer to 200 lbs. than to 100 lbs.....okay, I'm an open book: One hundred eighty pounds!!  Holy mackerel whale!  It just doesn't hurt as bad if I type out the words.  Well, now I am 141 lbs. (still a hoss) and I was 135 lbs. when I got pregnant.  So, so far I have lost about 40 lbs. in 4 months, which is pretty awesome but I'm not done yet because this jiggly ace sho' ain't gonna be seen in a bathing suit this year if things don't change. So, I am aiming for 125 lbs.  Respectable and average for my height (5'3").  I was 113 lbs. in high school.  My glory days.  Anyway, so that's 16 lbs.  Completely doable, right?  I want to be a firm, minimal cottage cheese 125, knowwhatimsayin'?
113 pounds spring '02

inner thigh fat will always plague me!




125 pounds spring '10

at present

No comments:

Post a Comment