Thursday, November 10, 2011

First Day Back to Work and I've Got Sunshine

EDIT*** Picture of the flowers sent down below.....
Well, I'm alive!  And it wasn't as excruciating as I thought it was going to be.  I think it was due to the fact that: I was running late, I was so tired my body was running on adrenaline, the kids in my class are so sweet and greeted me with a loud "MRS. SHAW!!!" and then a bombardment of hugs, I was so busy and overwhelmed that I didn't have a lot of time to think of anything else, and get this--I actually really do like my job :).  Brian is so thoughtful-he sent me a bouquet of flowers with a note from Brody saying, "Dear Mommy, Thank you for working so hard so I can have a comfortable place to live."  I hadn't cried today up until then!  Brian and I always text each other or write in our cards-GIMY-Glad I Married You.  So true, especially on days like today.  As my work day was coming to an end, my stomach was in knots with the anticipation of seeing my sweet little boy!  When I arrived, his babysitter, Shannon, was just unloading the kids from picking up my nephew from school.  I went over to see my little guy and I could see him recognizing me with his eyes and then he gave me a huge "I love you mommy" smile and man, it was like sunshine.  I cried then too.  So now, we are home together, with a 3-day weekend ahead of us (Veteran's Day) and I am going to spend my time soaking up a lot of sunshine!  I love the boys in my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment