Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My First Post! Getting to know me!

Okay, so I have been reading tons of other blogs so I thought I should start my own!  Granted, I have absolutely no idea what I am doing and will probably never understand all of the linking that goes on!  In this blog, I plan on documenting my everyday life with my husband and little boy, possibly do some recipe action and I might just throw in some weight loss posts too!  How's that for original? HA!  I don't know how often I will post but I thought I'd start out with some facts about me! This is just a list of questions I found online....
1. What time did you get up this morning? Well, Brody woke me up at 7:30 this morning.  He ate and fell right back asleep so I did too!  So, officially-9:30.  But it won't be that way for long!

2. How do you like your steak? I hardly ever eat steak.  But when I do, I like it pretty well done.   

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I think it was The Help.  I had read the book and really wanted to see it and finally got to the last weekend it was showing in theaters.  (I had a baby around the time it came out).

4. What is your favorite TV show? Well, we only have basic cable so the shows that I do watch are slim, but I love King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Anywhere near the ocean.  I am a beach bum for sure!  Probably Hawaii though!

6. What did you have for breakfast? 2 hardboiled eggs and some local apple cider!  

7. What is your favorite cuisine? I love Italian and Mexican!  I haven't had Mexican since having Brody though--he gets super gassy from the foods I eat. 

8. What foods do you dislike? I am actually pretty easy to please.  The only thing that comes to mind is olives.  I try them once a year to see if my taste buds have changed--not yet!

9. Favorite Place to Eat? I love Olive Garden and Casa Grande-(Italian and Mexican!!)

10. Favorite dressing? I will always love Ranch for the taste but I hate how unhealthy it is!  I like Italian and Balsamic vinaigrette too. 

11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? Well,I gave up my VW Cabrio for an awesome yellow Jeep Rubicon but now that's the hubby's ride.  I am in the mommy car-a gold (ew) Pontiac Grand Prix.  


12. What are your favorite clothes? I love admiring style on other people but I never feel I can pull it off.  I am usually a jeans and T-shirt person.  I try to keep it hip though. :) haha 

13. Where would you visit, this weekend, if you had the chance? some distant island!  ooo la la 

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? I have been pretty down lately (to be discussed in a future blog) but usually half full.  "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."-Jeremiah 29:11 That's pretty encouraging, don't you think?! :)

15. Where would you want to retire? Some place warm.  I am probably going to be one those grandmas that visits Florida for a couple months every year.  At least I hope so!

16. Favorite time of day? 6:30 pm when my sweetheart gets home from work and anytime on Saturday and Sunday!

17. Where were you born? Lynchburg, Virginia

18. What is your favorite sport to watch? I rarely watch sports but I can follow basketball and football pretty well.  I LOVE watching games in person! 

19. How many siblings? 2 older brothers 

20. Favorite pastime/hobby? singing, reading novels, watching movies, finding new recipes, I love doing crafty things but I am terrible at finishing projects!

21. Bird watcher? nah, but it is very cool to catch a glimpse of a hummingbird

22. Are you a morning person or a night person? I loooove my sleep and being able to sleep in a little lately, I have become quite the night owl.  But I love getting lots of stuff done early on in the day.


**I skipped a question and am too lazy to change all the numbers!
24. Do you have any pets? 2 sweet as pie dogs, Petty (the beagle) and Roxy (a mix of who knows what!)

25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? I wish something in particular, but no!  Just had a baby about 3 months ago!! 

26. What did you want to be when you were little? a mommy, always.

27. What is your best childhood memory? Playing in the cul-de-sac!  Best times ever! Hide and seek, catching fireflies, riding bikes, going to the playground.  So much fun! 

28. Are you a cat or dog person? I am an animal person, love them all! But I love a dog's personality!

29. Are you married? Just celebrated 5 blissful years!

30. Always wear your seat belt? Yes! My mom taught me well!

31. Been in a car accident? A couple.....my fault....next question!

32. Any pet peeves? Grammar and spelling errors.  I am not the best at putting commas and apostrophes in their correct place but I mean, if you see a red underline under a word you typed that means it's spelled wrong.  Fix it!  

33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? i love veggies (no olives though) 

34. Favorite Flower? I have always loved daisies but a stargazer lilly will always remind me of my wedding!

35. Favorite ice cream? cookies and cream or chocolate peanut butter 

36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Chick-Fil-A! Most definitely! 

37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Never!  I actually studied though. 

38. From whom did you get your last email? no idea.  I have 5 accounts so it's hard to keep track!

39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Oh my goodness!  Banana Republic, Old Navy (I would be able to get LOTS of stuff), or any high end fashion store.

40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Not lately since the babes came.  Brian and I used to just pack up and go to the beach on a whim since we've got a pop-up.

41. Like your job? Yes, that's why going back to work is so bittersweet.  

42. Broccoli? Love broccoli, but again...not good on little dudes stomach. 

43. What was your favorite vacation? Anywhere with Brian.  Love Memorial Day weekend beach trips to Cape Hatteras, Outer Banks.

44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Brian!!! 

45. What are you listening to right now? Our saltwater fish tank's filter and Jewel's Lullaby Cd through the monitor as Brian is putting the babes to sleep.

46. What is your favorite color? hmmm, I love kelly green but I always wear black, gray or red.

47. How many tattoos do you have? one.  an ichthus on the inner heel of my right foot.

48. How many people will fill this out? no one 

49. What time did you finish this quiz? 9:37 pm

50. Coffee Drinker? I don't mind the taste.  I just never make it or buy it.  So, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment